- Identify how the variables below impact the size of the radar beam, the strength of the radar pulse, and the resulting values of Reflectivity:
- Range from the radar
- Transmitted power
- Drop-size distribution
- Identify the resolution (i.e., range and azimuth) and precision (e.g., 3-bit, 4-bit, or 8-bit) values for WSR-88D base products
- Identify the difference between radar sensitivity and calibration.
- Identify the definition and radar product impacts of attenuation, differential attenuation, and non-uniform beam filling.
- Identify the definition of the Doppler dilemma, the definition of range folding, and the relationship pulse repetition frequency (PRF) has on calculations of target range and velocity.
- Identify two situations where sidelobe contamination is likely to occur.
- Identify meteorological conditions conducive to superrefraction and subrefraction of the radar beam, and the resultant operational impacts.
- Identify the azimuthal width that defines super resolution and legacy base data and the VCP waveform that is necessary to generate super resolution base data.